Turkey Salad Recipe – There is nothing more necessary than a simple meal when you are in a hurry. Salad is the best choice as your grab-and-go meal. This food also can be made by yourself even in a crowd. Here you will find the ground turkey recipe as a salad. Once the corn and black bean are combined, you get the perfect meal time. The reason why we share you this delicious salad recipe is that the ingredients can be customized. You can do any tweak to enjoy your time.
Ground turkey is good even for someone in a diet program. Or when you got an issue with your health like cholesterol, you must concern to meats. Too much cholesterol and saturated fat give you more risk. But if you compare any meat to ground turkey, it would be better. Ground turkey comes with a fat-free. It has 50% fat less than beef. Taking ground turkey in your daily life contributes B-complex vitamins and selenium. So, this ground turkey recipe is suitable for people in diet, blood cholesterol, or vegan.
Just because you are in a diet or a vegan, never avoid the carbs. However, you still need carbs to recharge your energy. The corn and black bean here take the role as your carbs. Not only carbohydrates, but corn is also rich with vitamin C, magnesium B, carotenoids, and many vitamins. Corn is a good source for your daily fiber need. May you lose your weight by consuming corn regularly.
At the same time, black beans are the perfect source of fiber. It is also high carbohydrates, but balanced with its fiber-rich, black beans can maintain your weight loss program. More than that, black beans do not contain sugar to be worried. Seeing this excellent combination, the ground turkey recipe as salad is worth to try as your healthy meal.
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- 1-pound lean ground turkey
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and dried
- 1 can of corn
- Tortilla chips
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- Green vegetables like spinach, oregano leaves, or romaine
- 1 onion, chopped
- Mexican sauce or salsa
- Ranch dressing
- Take your pan and set it into medium heat.
- Add the turkey with taco seasoning, onion, or black pepper (if you want). Cook until it gets browned. Don’t let it too dark. Use your spatula to flip and stir the meat.
- Once you feel the turkey is already well-cooked, now it is time for corns and black beans. Stir the corn and black beans with salsa or any sauce you choose. Heat them to get it boiled.
- Before you reduce the heat to low, taste the seasoning. Add more salt, black pepper, or anything if you think necessary.
- Cook them for 15 minutes or until you see the bubble. If the mixture gets dry, pour water inside about ¼ cup.
- Serve when it is warm with chips.
- As an option, you can use ordinary vegetable oil. Take 1 tablespoon of it for cooking is still okay.
- You can choose any seasoning in this ground turkey recipe. To get a spicy taste, add more chili powder.
- Whether you use frozen or fresh corn is the same. They need to rinsed and dried first. Talking about the amount, you can adjust based on how much you want to add the carbo inside.
- If you have more vegetables or fruit in the refrigerator, you can add them too.
- Top your salad with avocado, cheese, and hot sauce to get more delicious. Some people serve the salad with lime wedges to taste fresher.
- This salad is nice for dessert as the complimentary of fruit slices or cakes.