Spinach Recipe – Spinach is a vegetable that is at the top level because it contains a lot of vitamins and minerals. Moreover, spinach is full of nutrients; prevent some diseases, and great for your skin. If you love to cook, you can add spinach almost in every dish, because it is also so versatile, you can add it to soup, salad, pasta, dips, or more. That is why there is a lot of spinach recipe.
Many people have a love-hate relationship with spinach because it tastes unattractive and sounds so boring. But, if you know this recipe, you will regret that you have hated spinach all this time. Try to cook Korean stewed chicken with spinach recipe at home and serve it at dinner with your lovely friends or family.
Tips For Making Korean Stewed Chicken with Spinach
Almost all of the Korean dishes are using Gochujang as a secret spice because it will make the dish so stand out. Gochujang is made from fermented soybeans and chilies, so it has a sweet, spicy, and savory flavor. In this recipe, you will also use this star ingredient to make your dish taste amazing.
You will mix the gochujang and Korean spices mixtures, such as soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, and garlic. When you marinate the boneless chicken tights with gochujang, it will add a delish taste to it. You can make the marinade more absorbent with slicing the boneless chicken tights to a bite-sized.
After you marinate the boneless chicken tights, cook it until tender and add a star of this dish, the fresh baby spinach leaves. Do not raise your eyebrows when you add the spinach to the pot, you will see the spinach soaring high. Raw spinach will look more volume because it contains a lot of water and will deflate when cooked or withered.
Stirring the spinach with the chicken mixture until they well mixed up and the stew is simmering. This dish is perfect eaten while still warm. You can eat this dish with rice (white or brown, depends on your liking), so you can feel the sauce soaking in. Sprinkle the sesame in a bowl of Korean stewed chicken with spinach in order to add more favorable.
Now you know the tips for making this spinach recipe to be very special. Try it at home and invite your friends or family to taste it!
- 2-pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed the fat.
- 1 large bunch of green onions
- 1/3 cup Gochujang
- 2 ½ tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3-inc piece of ginger root
- 6 large cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 8-10 ounces of fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 3 cups of cooked rice to serve with the stew
- First thing first, wash all the ingredients, like boneless skinless chicken thighs, green onions, ginger root, garlic, and spinach leaves under running water. Slice consistently the boneless skinless chicken thighs into ½-inch strips.
- Cut the green onion into a half crosswise so the bottoms are separate from the dark green tops. You have to cut the bottom into ½-inch pieces and slice the tops thinly.
- Mince 3-inch piece ginger so you have 2 tablespoons of it.
- Cut up 6 large cloves so you will get 2 tablespoons of it.
- Place gochujang, sesame oil, green onion bottoms, minced ginger, soy sauce, minced garlic, and brown sugar into a large bowl. Add the chicken and mix them until they perfectly incorporate. Make sure all the chicken is mixed evenly with the marinade and wait for 30 minutes long.
- While you wait for the previous step, you can heat 1/3 cup of water with high heat in a heavy pot and cover it. After the water boils, add the chicken mixture and marinated seasoning and wait for it to boil again.
- Lower the heat, cover the pot and usually, it takes 20 minutes to simmer.
- Afterward, uncover and stir it frequently for 10 minutes until the sauce is thickened.
- Remove the Korean chicken stew from heat and pour fresh baby spinach and green onion tops to the pot. Stir it until the spinach has well cooked and wilted or depends on your liking.
- For garnishing, sprinkle it with sesame seeds and serve with rice, you can choose white rice or brown rice.
- This Korean stewed chicken with spinach recipe is for 5 people.
- If you are in a diet, you can choose brown rice for adding nutritional benefits of whole grain.