Soup Recipe – For some people, a bowl of soup is only an appetizer which leading to the main course. But for some others, it could be a whole meal. For examples, the vegetarian who couldn’t eat meat and wishing for convenient meal, then they could cook a soup recipe for one meal. Just like this dish which could become a hearty lunch menu for the vegetarian.
This dish called as sunshine soup because it has fresh yellow color just like the sun that shining. Not to mention, this vegetables soup recipe is also rich with vitamin A that could benefit your eyes. Thus, consuming this soup could help you maintain a good vision. Also, since all the ingredients are produced by plants, there’s no cholesterol danger that lurking in the corner. That way, you could fill in with this soup without feeling guilty to your body.
Actually, there are many recipes in cooking the sunshine soup. Because, the only requirement is the color should be yellowish like the sun. Also, mostly people use plant produced ingredients and leave out meat and its processed ingredient such as broth. For that reason, the soup is suitable for most people, even kids and toddlers.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 small carrot
- 1 yellow zucchini
- 2 yellow peppers
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tsp dry turmeric
- A handful parsley leaves
- Crown daisy (as garnish)
- Make sure to wash all the ingredients under running water to remove all the dirt.
- Chop the carrot, onion, celery, and yellow peppers in fine cuts. If you don’t wish for spicy taste, then remove the pepper seeds before chopping it.
- Meanwhile, give a rough chop for the parsley leaves.
- Then, take 1 yellow zucchini and remove the seeds then give a large chunk cuts.
- Afterwards, pour the olive oil into the saucepan, put on the stove and switch to medium heat. Then, put in onion, carrot, dry turmeric, and celery then stir fry for 3 to 5 minutes until they turned soft. At this process, you have to keep stirring to prevent the ingredients burn.
- After that, add in the chopped yellow zucchini and pepper then give another stir.
- Lastly, add the vegetable stock into the mixture and season with salt and pepper. Then wait for 10 to 15 minutes until the soup let out a gentle shimmer. If the time passed and the zucchini cuts aren’t tender yet, then you have to wait for some other while until they become tender.
- Turn off the stove and let the steam out before shift the soup into the food processor.
- Once the hot steam disappeared from the soup, blend the soup in the food processor for a brief moment. Don’t blend too long since it would better to have texture in the soup.
- Serve the soup in a bowl and garnish with crown daisy
- You can switch the olive oil to coconut oil, either one you prefer since they have similar merit.
- Another way, you could skip the blending in food processor step by chopped the yellow zucchini for the soup mix in rough chops.
- If you like, you may add heavy cream in the soup to richen the taste. Just put the cream in the soup before serving.
- You can also eat it this recipe with bread.
- Since it has turmeric in it, the dish is good for kids and toddler to hightened their appetite.
- When cooking for the kids and toddlers, you have to make some adjustment with the seasoning and pepper that you put in the soup.
- This soup recipe is only for two serving at most. Just multiply the recipe if you need to cook for more people.