Smoothi Recipe – When the season changing and everything turned colder, you surely wish for something that can help to herds away the colds. For that reason, smoothie recipe becomes the best choice to do this job. Not to mention, smoothie made from fresh ingredients and zero cooking time. Thus, you can enjoy the smoothie in 10 minutes at top with the preparation. Also, smoothie is one of the most flexible recipes you can try. Because you can add or remove any ingredients as you go along. Just use what you have and viola, it’s ready!
For this occasion, we are going to make an immune booster smoothie. Remember, our immune system is the chore or our health. Without proper immune system, our body can’t withstand the attack from various diseases. Thus, to help maintain the immune system, we can boost it with a recipe of smoothie. It’s a win-win situation, since smoothie is easy to make and easy to consume, but have numerous advantage for our health. Not to mention, boost the immune through natural nutrients from food is better than from pills for our body.
This immune booster smoothie recipe use beetroot and blueberries for the main ingredient. Combining these two ingredients will make the smoothie color vivid purple, an interesting color from the nature. There are also banana and orange juice to add more flavor for the smoothie. Thus, combining these ingredients can surely boost your immune system, but still taste good. Also, with a part of ginger will add fresh taste on tongue and warm feeling for your body.
All of the ingredients for this smoothie recipe contained nutrients to boost the immune. Because blueberries, beetroot, banana, and ginger known as the antioxidant agents. Also, for the beetroot and ginger also have anti inflammatory effect. Meanwhile, the orange juice will surely restock our body with vitamin C. And lastly, the Greek yogurt is full of good bacteria that good for the digestion system. Remember, bad digestion system can help worsen our immune from inside.
- ½ cup orange juice (100%)
- ½ cup plain yogurt (Greek)
- ½ banana (medium size)
- ½ beetroot
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tsp ginger (freshly minced)
- 1 tbsp honey
- First, chop the beetroot into bite cuts for easy blend process.
- Then, Put all of the ingredients in the blender and blend in high speed mode for 60 seconds or until it puree and has smooth texture.
- Turn off the blender and it’s ready to serve.
- Serve the smoothie into 2 glasses.
- You can also use freshly squeeze orange for the juice. To get ½ cup you only need to squeeze 1 orange.
- This smoothie recipe will taste better if you use wild blueberries. You can find frozen wild blueberries package in the supermarket.
- You can add a handful of ice cubes to make the smoothie cooler. But if you can’t stand the cool beverage, then don’t add ice and use fresh blueberries instead.
- When you use the frozen wild blueberries, you can discard the ice cubes and still have cool smoothie beverage.
- Another ingredient you can add to boost your immune with smoothie is turmeric. The tradition trusted this herb as the top agent to increase the immune system. If you wish to add turmeric into the smoothie, just add a small part and blend it together with the other ingredients.
- For another fresh taste, you can also add mint leaves. Also the oil from the mint leaves can help in boosting the immune system.
- If you are going through a dairy free diet or you can’t consume any dairy product at all, you can discard the yogurt. Then, you can replace it with natural based milk product like soymilk or almond milk or any nondairy milk product.