Rhubarb Recipe – Do you ever know what rhubarb actually is? Planting this on your garden might be easy, but finding it in the grocery, there lies a problem. But let’s just assume you search this keyword because you’ve had a bunch of rhubarb. But you don’t know how to cook the rhubarb into delicious food. Here we give you a special rhubarb recipe.
Strawberry Pie With Pudding and Rhubarb
Rhubarb is indeed a plant, but most people start to call it as a fruit. That’s because rather than be a vegetable, rhubarb is often used as a material to make a cake. In this rhubarb recipe, we’re going to show you how to make a yummy pie with rhubarb.
- 350 gram fresh rhubarb
- 150-gram strawberry
- 350-gram low protein wheat
- 150-gram butter
- 50-gram margarine
- 250-gram sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of milk powder
- 250 ml of water
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of lemon skin (grated)
- 1 teaspoon of gluten/plain pudding
- 5 almonds
- 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar
- First of all, clean the rhubarb and strawberry. Make sure you just use the fresh rhubarb, because the taste will be different if you use the withered rhubarb.
- Afterward, mix all the low protein wheat, butter, margarine, 100-gram sugar, eggs, and milk powder. You’d better use the bare hands without mixer or sort of, it’ll make the mixing process better.
- Next, wrap the pie dough with a plastic thoroughly and freeze it on a refrigerator for 30 minutes at least. The longer you keep the dough, the better it will be.
- After 30 minutes, take the pie dough out from the refrigerator and squeeze it on the baking sheet. Shape it until the dough looks like a bowl (just like when you want to make a pie)
- Heat the pie crust on the oven in 170 until 180 degrees Celcius. Grill it until it has a golden yellow color, it will take time at least 15 to 20 minutes.
- While waiting for the pie crust to be cooked, slice the rhubarb and 100-gram strawberries into pieces. It’s up to you what size you like to slice it, but we recommend you to slice it in a little size.
- Mix the gluten/plain pudding with the water, add some sugar to give it a sweet taste. Then, heat it on top of a fire. Add the chopped rhubarb and strawberries, then cook it until the pudding mixture is boiled.
- After the mixture is boiled, filter it until the rhubarb and strawberries grout is gone with a sieve.
- After 20 minutes, take out the pie crust from the oven, take the pie off the baking sheet and let it cooled down.
- Put the filtered pudding on the cooled pie crust. You have to make sure the pie is cooled down when you pour the pudding. Since the pudding is also hardening quickly, you need to make the best consideration of it.
- Slice the remaining strawberries into two pieces; don’t forget to crush the almonds as well. Afterward, put the strawberries and almonds on top of the pudding before it gets harden. Don’t forget to pour the powdered sugar as a final garnish. Let the pudding harden after you finish the garnishing.
- After 15 to 30 minutes, you can start to serve the rhubarb pie with strawberries on it. The pie is especially delicious if you serve it with a cup of coffee or tea.
Believe me, rhubarb is one of the most delicate materials for pie and pudding. However, as I told you before, searching for it will be a bit difficult. But the taste of this rhubarb recipe is very worthy for your search. Besides its flavor, rhubarb also has many vitamins such as vitamin A, B, C, and K. So when you someday find this plant, we recommend you to take the seed and plant in yourself in the home.