Quinoa Recipe – Quinoa is not a grain; it is a seed that has been used for thousands of years. You can be so amazed because quinoa has complete nutrition that is needed by the body. Quinoa is included in vegetable protein and can be used as an alternative to rice. This seed is suitable as a variety of dishes, such as salad, soup, stew, bake and more. That is why many people make a quinoa recipe.
There are three kinds of quinoa, white, red, and tricolor. Each quinoa has its own specifications and not all dishes suitable in certain quinoa. White quinoa is used in this quinoa recipe because it has a light flavor and the texture is so soft. Quinoa has complete protein, high in fiber, and minerals so you will not miss it on every dish.
How to Cook Quinoa
You need to prepare cooked quinoa before making this recipe. There are a lot of methods to cook quinoa, like on the stovetop, in a rice cooker, in the microwave, or in an instant pot pressure cooker. The most common way to cook quinoa is on the stovetop.
You can cook quinoa easily by using this method. First thing first, rinse the quinoa under running water. Drain the quinoa so there is not too much water in it. Place quinoa and water or vegetable broth to a medium pot. Cook quinoa until the water boils.
Afterward, reduce the heat to a low heat. Then, cover the pot and wait for 10-15 minutes until the water is absorbed. Make sure the quinoa is well done when the color is translucent and the texture is so tender.
Your cooked quinoa is ready and you can make quinoa into a variety of dishes. The best quinoa recipe is making a quinoa enchilada because it is so simple, nutritious, and tasty. You can make this recipe now and put it in the refrigerator and then bake it later.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- cans black beans
- 2 ½ cups cooked quinoa
- 2 ½ cups roasted butternut squash cubes
- 12 oz. jar red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 large avocado
- Prepare the ingredients, such as chopped a yellow onion finely. Diced a red bell pepper and minced the cloves garlic. Drain and rinse the black beans from the cans. For the topping, you have to chop an avocado in fine cuts.
- While you prepare the ingredients, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat the skillet to medium heat and stir the onion until soft and fragrant.
- Add the bell pepper and cook it until softened.
- Add garlic, lime juice, cumin, and chili powder and continue to sauté. Wait for all the ingredients until well done and remove from heat.
- In a different bowl, place the vegetable mixture and add cilantro, quinoa, black beans, butternut squash, and cheese. Stir them with enchilada sauce to coat and to make it a richer flavor.
- Toss quinoa mixture into a baking dish and cover the top with shredded Mexican cheese. Bake it with cover for 20 minutes and uncovered for 10 minutes until the surface boils.
- Serve while it warm with chopped avocado as a topping.
- How to cook quinoa has been explained above. You can cook quinoa according to your preferences. The taste might change a bit because of the different ways of cooking.
- If you want to roast butternut squash, you have to preheat oven to 400°F. Coating the butternut squash with olive oil and place it in a baking pan. Roast for 15 minutes or wait until the butter squash is softened.
- This quinoa recipe could be a vegetarian dinner recipe.