Pork Loin Recipe – Serving a special dinner for family doesn’t need to wait until holiday. The reason is that because every day could turn special when we spend it with the loved ones. For that reason, here is pork loin recipe that could make the family dinner become more special. You don’t need to prepare for special ingredients to make your family and loved ones yearn to be home when dinner.
- 1 pack pork loin (approx. 3 to 4 pounds)
- 5 cloves garlic
- Kosher salt
- ½ tsp black paper (freshly grounded)
- Olive oil
- 2 tart-sweet apples (Honeycrisp)
- 1 onion (large, cut to eights)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 rosemary sprigs (fresh)
- 2 sage spring (fresh)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 green apple (Granny Sweet)
- ½ tsp lemon zest (freshly grated)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- ¾ tsp finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- ¾ tsp finely chopped fresh sage leaves
- ½ tsp finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- ½ tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- First thing first, preheat the oven in 400F and place the rack in the middle.
- Before marinate the loin, prepare for the ingredients. First, cored the apples and cut in quarters. After that, cut the onion in eight cuts. For the butter, it would be great to cut in slices of 1 cm. Also, don’t forget to wash the loin under running water to remove blood and dirt.
- Make paste by using 4 cloves garlic with grinder or blender and season with 2 tsp Kosher salt and black pepper.
- Remove the silver-white part around the loin, but don’t remove the fat cap. Coat the loin with garlic paste all around, set aside for marinate to seep in.
- Take out cast iron or stainless steel pan and place over the stove on medium heat. Pour 2 tbsp olive oil and wait until it shimmers. Then put in the loin and sear all sides until the color turned golden brown – it would take 4 to 6 minutes per side. After all the seared perfectly, transfer the loin into a plate.
- Switch off the stove but keep the pan above it. Then, place the tart-sweet apple cuts, onion, rosemary, butter, sage, and rosemary. Just scatter them around the pan and splatter with maple syrup.
- Put back the loin into the pan on top of the scattered ingredients and pour any remaining juice from the plate.
- Roast for 1 hour until the thermometer read 145F when inserted into the thickest part of the loin.
- While waiting for the 1 hour roasting is up, prepare for the green apple sauce.
- Pulse the green apple, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, chopped mint, sage, parley, and rosemary in food processor. Don’t forget to season with ¼ tsp salt. This process would take until 12 to 14 times pulse until the sauce became desired texture. Then lastly, pour ¼ cup of olive oil and mix it until the all the mixture merged together.
- Once the time marked 1 hour after putting the loin in the oven, take it out. Wait for 20 minutes before serving.
- For serving this pork loin recipe, slice the loin in slices (crosswise) around ¾ inch-thick. Then place the loin on a plate and serve with onion and apple piece. Pour some dripped sauce from the pan and green apple sauce.
- Another way to make the garlic paste is by coarse chop the garlic. Sprinkle some salt on it before flatten it with knife-side. Then bring it back together and repeat the process until the garlic turned smooth like paste texture then sprinkle pepper.
- If you leave the loin in the room temperature, then marinate only for 30 minutes. But if you save the marinated loin in the refrigerator, then you can cook this pork loin recipe the next day. After some trial, it taste better with 1 day marinate than 30 minutes one.