Paleo Recipe – Today everybody is about to change their lifestyle. A healthy lifestyle is the most desired one. Social media is full of weight-loss hack advice, work out plans, people in the gym, including diet meal plans. One of the popular diets is paleo diet which imitated from the Paleolithic era lifestyle. This diet limits food which obtained by hunting, planting, and gathering. So, the paleo recipe based on typical meats, fruits, vegetables, nuts, and other hunter-gathered foods.
But who says people in the paleo diet cannot enjoy spaghetti? This Italian food is actually able to be adjusted as a paleo recipe. The sauce of this traditional food can be a paleo menu because has meat and a lot of vegetables. Tomatoes are the main ingredient which originally taken from the plant. Indeed, the strict rule of the paleo diet is avoiding grains, such as pasta. Since you are the newbie, it is okay not to be strict set the rules. Many people think that a paleo diet meal plan is based on your taste too.
As modern food is increased, now there are some gluten-free grains, like rice and pasta, or the early most popular one is shirataki. This is consumed by modern people while doing paleo diet. Gluten-free food is a food that has no protein gluten. By excluding this food from the menu, people believe can improve health, increase their energy, and weight loss. Find the delicious paleo recipe: the easy spaghetti Bolognese sauce with gluten-free pasta!
- 1 lb beef
- 2 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoon of ghee
- 1 onion, chopped and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots and celery sticks, diced
- Dried oregano
- Tomato paste
- Bay leaf
- Heat your oven or pot for cooking the beef. Place the beef inside until cooked through. It will take for about 5 – 10 minutes. Let the excess fat drained.
- Set aside the beef and place to the other plate.
- Now cook the all the vegetables you have (carrots, celery, garlic, oregano, and onion). Set them at the medium heat. Wait until it is well-cooked.
- Add the tomatoes and tomato paste followed with the beef and leaf.
- Pour the salt and pepper until you get the taste you want.
- Cook them until it gets boiled, then reduce to a simmer for 45 minutes.
- While you are waiting for the sauce for 45 minutes, you can heat your oven to 350 F. At the same time, cut the spaghetti based on your want, remove and discard the seeds.
- Put all the cut inside the baking sheet and bake them for 30 until 35 minutes. Check with the fork when in 25 minutes. Don’t let them overcook because it will get mushy and won’t make pasta.
- Now you can pour the Bolognese sauce over the pasta surface. Or, you can move the pasta into the plate first then cover them by the sauce.
- As your final touch (and this is an option), grate cheese over the spaghetti before you move them onto a plate. After that, bake it for minutes like 5 minutes. It would make your spaghetti perfect and tastier.
- Serve your spaghetti with a garnish of fresh parsley, then enjoy!
- You can add more protein by putting chopped bacon inside the sauce.
- As we mentioned before, you can use shirataki noodle for this menu. But make sure you process the shirataki very well to still get the best taste.
- As the option, you can adjust the taste of your sauce by using heavy cream. This makes the sauce less acidic.
- The thickness of your sauce depends on your taste. When you feel it is too thick, you can add more tomato juice.
- If you like spicy, you can add chili powder and more pepper while adding the salt.
- This paleo recipe of spaghetti Bolognese sauce is properly served for 8 – 10 portions.