Keto Recipe – Keto or short from Ketogenic is a way of diet where you don’t need to watch over your food intact. In fact, this diet makes you can enjoy your food in the fullest without worry. The reason is that this diet stressing on the low-carbs but high-fat. Thus, for food lovers, it’s a cool way to lose weight without cutting off the delicious food. Not to mention the Keto recipe don’t have much different from traditional recipes.
Since the Keto diet is about low-carb food, the key is to minimize the carbohydrate intact. Thus, you can stuff your stomach with high-fat food such as meat, seafood, and any low carbohydrate vegetables. Also, further studies said this diet could help patients with some serious diseases like Alzheimer, certain cancers, and many more.
For this Keto recipe, we’re going to cook meatball with Balado sauce, one kind of Indonesian sauce. At a glance, it looks like the other tomato-based sauce, but with a richer flavor. The Balado sauce often used in many dishes like beef, chicken, or even vegetable such as eggplant. For most Indonesian, Balado dish known for its spicy flavor. Although, there are many adjustments for the spicy level depending on the cooks.
- 500 gram ground beef
- ½ cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- ½ part of onion (small chop)
- Black pepper
- Vegetable oil
- 5 cloves garlic
- 8 cloves shallot
- 2 cayenne peppers
- 1 tomato
- 2 candlenut
- 2 segments galangal
- 3 bay leave
- ½ cup of water
- 25 gram cheese (or more)
- Preheat the oven in 175C while preparing for the meatball.
- Put ground beef, bread crumbs, large egg, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, a ½ teaspoon of salt, and a pinch of black pepper into a bowl, then hand mix all the ingredients together.
- Once everything mixed, put one tablespoon full in hand and tighten up in small ball shape. Repeat the process until there’s no mixture left.
- Put the meatballs on the aluminum foil covered baking tray. Bake the
- meatballs for 25 – 30 minutes.
- While waiting for the meatball to cook, start with the Balado sauce.
- Mince the garlic, shallot, cayenne peppers, candlenut, and tomato together. For easy process, use the blender or food processor.
- Preheat the high-sided skillet or saucepan on the medium heat, pour 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Sauté the minced ingredients then add with galangal and bay leave once the smell turned good. Stir for 3 minutes before adding the water, 1 teaspoon of salt, and a pinch of black pepper. Turn off the stove after the water reduced by one-part.
- Once you take off the meatballs from the oven, transfer them into the sauce.
- Switch on the stove in low heat and stir slowly to make sure you would crush the meatballs. Do this process for 5 – 10 minutes while it simmer.
- Another option, you can heat the sauce with the meatballs in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve the meatball with Balado sauce in the low bowl and garnish with grated cheese.
- When making the meatball, there’s an alternative to use the skillet. Pour the vegetable oil into the skillet and cook the meatball until every side turned brownish. Although, it’s safer to bake for better meatball result. The reason is that since using ground beef, the external color of the meatball couldn’t become the indicator of doneness. The meatball would cook, if only the internal temperature is approximately 71C.
- Since it’s a Keto recipe, you can switch the water to cream or milk and add the cheese.
- If you like, then you can also reheat for 3 minutes in the oven before serving the dish to make the cheese melt.
- For more spiciness level, you can add the number of the cayenne chili. You may also change for spicier chili.