Italian Sausage Recipe – Italian sausage has a different taste with other usual sausages. It has more various flavor, and the size is also bigger. When you buy it at the supermarket, you can choose whether to buy the hot, sweet, or mild taste. However, the sausage wouldn’t be as delicious as to make it yourself. Want to try it right now? Here’s the Italian sausage recipe special for you.
If you want to make homemade Italian sausage, you need at least 5 to 10 minutes to cook it. However, you can’t directly use the sausage as the material of your recipe. You need to keep the sausage on a refrigerator for 12 hours. But I’m assured you this Italian sausage recipe is worth a try. Since the sausage has a better taste than other sausages you ever met.
- 1 ½ kg ground pork
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon red pepper
- 2 tablespoon parsley (dried)
- 1 tablespoon basil (dried)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- ¾ tablespoon ground fennel seed
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar (or just use white sugar if you don’t have it)
- ¼ teaspoon oregano (dried)
- ¼ teaspoon thyme (dried)
- 1 kg Italian sausage
- 10 tomatoes
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Black pepper
- 2 cubanelle peppers
- 4 cherry peppers
- 2 red paprika
- 2 green paprika
- 1 onion
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons wheat flour (you can use cornstarch)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 garlic
- ½ loaf Italian bread
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup parsley
- 1 cup basil leaves
- First, grind the ground pork and place it on a plastic wrap. Insert all the materials to make the Italian sausage above and mix it well. After you’ve mixed all the materials, close the plastic wrap tightly and make sure it looks like a sausage already.
- If you don’t want to use your Italian sausage all at once, divide your sausage into the desired size. As in later menu, we’re going to use 1 kg sausage so you can keep the other ½ in a different wrap.
- Afterward, put the sausage on a refrigerator for 12 hours at least. When the sausage is hardened, you can take it out and use it for the special Italian sausage recipe after this.
- After 12 hours pass, you can start to process your homemade Italian sausage with this special recipe. Take it from the refrigerator and open the sausage’s plastic wrap.
- We’re going to cook with an oven, so preheat it to 400 – 425 degrees Celsius. Prepare for the baking sheet, put the aluminum foil on it, and slice the tomatoes on top of it. Afterward, insert the vegetable oil, salt, and pepper. Roast the tomatoes for at least 15 minutes.
- While waiting for the tomatoes to be cooked, prepare a steamer and fill it with water. Put 1 kg Italian sausage on it and bring it to boil for some minutes. After it has been boiled, reduce the heat and wait for 12 minutes.
- Next, heat a frying pan, put the butter, and then the Cubanelle peppers, red bell, onion, salt, and pepper. Cook them for 7 minutes at least, and then add the cherry peppers including their juice.
- After the sausage is ready, take it out from the steamer and slice it. Add it on the frying pan as well as chicken stock and other materials. Then stir it until it has a delicious smell.
- Now, take the tomatoes out from the oven. And then pour the sausages and other fried materials into it. Include the Italian bread and mozzarella cheese, then put it again in the oven.
- After 5 minutes, take out the Italian sausage supper stuffing and add parsley as well as basil leaves.
Making this Italian sausage recipe might be a little complex, but it’s worth a try because of the taste. So don’t mind to try it at home, especially if you want to prepare for a special occasion. Everyone at your family must be in love with this recipe.