Instant Pot Recipe – If you are a busy person, you can consider having an instant pot. It can save you from hunger and massive food expenses. Although the price of an instant pot is expensive, this tool can save you time, money, and energy in preparing daily food. You can start looking for an instant pot recipe after you buy it.
As a novice instant pot user, you can try an easy recipe first. Easy instant pot recipe that you can try is salmon, sweet potato, and broccoli. You can immediately put those three ingredients at a time into the instant pot. You will be satisfied with the result because they taste good, are easy to make and require a short amount of time.
How Long To Instant Pot Salmon
There are some rules when cooking using an instant pot, including when you want to cook salmon. You can cook salmon and your best-loved vegetables, such as sweet potato and broccoli for 2 minutes, then let them release their natural pressure for another 2 minutes. So, you can enjoy this delicious and healthy meal in just 4 minutes long. This instant pot recipe certainly saves your time!
Is it Possible to Cook Protein, Carbohydrate, and Vegetables at One Time?
Absolutely, yes! You can cook protein, carbohydrate or starch, and vegetables at one time using an instant pot. If you do not want everything mixed together, you can separate them using a bowl or trivet. A bowl and trivet are also useful to separate the taste between those three ingredients so that the taste is not mixed with each other.
Those are some things you should know when you want to practice this instant pot recipe. Try this super easy and quick recipe and invite your lovely family or friends to have dinner together.
- Ghee or olive oil spray
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 frozen salmon fillets
- Spice mix of your choice
- 1 orange
- 2 small heads of broccoli
- Freshly ground black pepper
- First thing first, wash all the ingredients, such as sweet potatoes, salmon fillets, orange, and broccoli under running water. Peel and cut sweet potatoes into large diced. Slice an orange thinly and cut the heads of broccoli into large pieces.
- Before using instant pot, you have to spray the inside of it with ghee or olive oil.
- The first layer is filled with sweet potatoes. Make sure you have oiled all sweet potatoes, sprinkle salt on it, and add water.
- Put the trivet on top of the potatoes and add the lemon on top. Place the salmon on top of the lemon with the salmon skin position on the bottom. Make sure all salmon are on top of the trivet and the salmon do not overlap one to another.
- Sprinkle the spices that you like on the salmon, but it is okay if you want to just add salt. If you only sprinkle salt, make sure all parts of the salmon have been mixed evenly with salt.
- Afterward, add the lemon slice on top of the salmon that has been sprinkled with salt.
- Put a bowl on top of the salmon and place broccoli in it. To make the broccoli tastier and savory, you can sprinkle salt and spray it with ghee. Make sure the bowl you use fits in the instant pot.
- Close and lock the instant pot and set it for 2 minutes on high pressure. When it is perfectly cooked, let the salmon, sweet potatoes, and broccoli release their natural pressure for two minutes and uncover the lid.
- You must be careful when serving this dish because it would very hot; so, you should use kitchen mitts when removing the aluminum bowl from the instant pot. Take broccoli with a spoon and use tongs to transfer the salmon from the trivet to the plate. Lastly, use a spoon to take the sweet potatoes.
- If you want a richer taste, you can add ghee, olive oil, salt or pepper depends on your liking.
- You do not need to doubt whether the salmon is fully cooked because by using the instant pot, all the ingredients can be sure to be perfectly cooked.
- If you do not like salmon skin, you can scrape it off and leave only the orange part.