Think about the simple dessert, do you have a new fresh idea? Well, if you are still confused, you must try this ice cream recipe. This Oreo ice cream is easy to make and absolutely delicious. When the crushed Oreo married with whip or vanilla cream, your tongue will get spoiled with sweetness.
It would be more perfect if you serve in the middle of summer. Once the weather is warm, there is something sweet and fresh completes your day. What a day!
Luckily, making this ice cream recipe needs no special ingredients and ice-cream machine. Really! You don’t have to buy special equipment, just mix the ingredients and let them in the freezer. Another surprise from this ice cream is you can add more chocolate beside the crushed Oreo cookies.
Or, if you want more creativity, you can substitute the additional chocolate with fruits. Your ice cream will taste fresher and sweeter.
Be aware of serving this ice cream recipe. Don’t scoop it out to transfer into the mini bowl. The ice cream texture is not like the common ice cream. This home-made ice cream is better to cut like a cake. Also, when you are ready to assemble, watch out the ice cream. It is easy to melt. Prepare all pieces and don’t let the ice cream is too long in room temperature. Work quickly and refrigerate it right away. Now it is time to make yours!
- 40 pieces Oreo cookies
- 2 ½ cups of Oreo baking crumbs
- ½ cup of butter, softened
- 5 eggs, separated from the yolks (you only use the white)
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- Heaving cream
- Sweet chocolate, chopped or cut into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- Mix the Oreo baking crumbs in a bowl with the butter. Make sure they are combined perfectly.
- Then, pour the butter mixture into a baking pan. If you want to have a shorter ice cream thick, use the larger size pan. Spread the mixture and press the crumb evenly on the bottom. The entire bottom must be covered, so you need to press it all down.
- Now, chop all Oreo cookies. Use a food processor will be easier and faster. After that, set aside.
- Combine the egg white with the sugar. Beat them until the form gets a peak, then set aside.
- Beat the cream with the sugar in the other bowl. Do the same thing as the egg before, then set aside.
- Take a larger bowl, put in the egg mixture, chopped Oreo, cream, milk, and chocolate. The amount of chocolate depends on your preference. Estimate a proper amount of milk and chocolate. Mix them all until it is well incorporated.
- Pour the mixture on baking pan, so it covers the Oreo crumbs smooth out evenly.
- Before you put in the freezer, cover the pan with parchment paper and then wrap with plastic tightly.
- Let the ice cream in the freezer for about 4 hours long. Once you touch the ice cream is properly served, take it out. Let it in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes before serving.
- If you don’t have a food processor, a zip lock bag is the other option. Put in the Oreo cookies, close it, then beat it with the roller.
- The reason why you should put the ice cream in the refrigerator before service is to make you easy in cutting. When the ice cream is still freezing, it would be harder to divide. Or, if you insist to do that, you won’t get a beautiful cut look.
- As the option in serving for this ice cream recipe, you can add more whip cream before it is served and sprinkle the Oreo cookies over the top.
- This Oreo ice cream is still fresh to serve until a week in the freezer. But it is only when you wrap with foil or plastic.