Healthy Chicken Recipe – Are you craving for a fresh meal for dinner? Got some chicken inside your refrigerator? Then just match it with lemon. It is time for you to make a healthy chicken recipe with fresh lemon juice. Don’t be worry, this recipe is so easy to follow and won’t take you much time. If you are about in rush serving dinner for a family gathering or special guest, this food is a good decision to try. Besides you make a simple and delicious meal, you get full of nutrition at the same time.
The reason why we said this recipe is a healthy menu because the lemon fulfills your vitamin C daily need. More than that, the lemon also contains high minerals and antioxidants. This healthy chicken recipe will use the chicken breast. Just like the lemon, chicken breast is rich with protein but low in saturated fat. Seeing these facts, when you are in a diet program, you can put this recipe as your daily meal variation.
As we said before, this healthy chicken recipe is very easy. You only need 15 minutes in preparation and 15 minutes for baking. So, the total time is only 30 minutes. When you think need more time, it just takes 10 minutes more. Once it is ready to serve, you can complete your table with four glasses of wine. Yes, this recipe is properly served for four people. Let’s enjoy the food together and toss with happiness!
- 1 ½ tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 – 5 chicken breasts (it is better to choose the boneless and skinless one)
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Garlic powder
- 4 medium size of lemon, slice
- Set your oven for preheating to 450 degrees.
- Take your baking dish and pour it with oil. Or, you can use the butter and light on the entire surface.
- Place all the chicken breasts on the top of it. Make sure all sides of chicken breast are coated with oil or butter. Then, arrange them with space properly.
- Sprinkle the chicken with paprika, pepper, salt, and garlic powder.
- After they are mixed, now squeeze the lemon on the top of chicken. Use your hand to coat them on both sides. Don’t use all of your lemons. Put the rest slices on the pan surrounding the chicken.
- Put the chicken into the oven and let it be baked for about 20 – 25 minutes. You must watch the chicken size and thickness. The bigger and thicker your chicken, you might need more time to get it well-cooked.
- When the chickens are getting golden, you can remove them. Let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Spoon a little lemon juice from the baking pan and pour on the top of chicken.
- Serve when it is warm. It could be completed with mashed potato at the side.
- Any kind of oil is okay to start this recipe. As the option, people usually use the Extra Virgin Oil, canola, or avocado oil.
- Even though this healthy chicken recipe requires you to bake the chicken breast, you can do with your stove too. But, of course, the final result will be different, also for the taste too.
- When you use the stove, set on the medium-high heat. Cook the chicken until both sides get golden. In this step, you must make sure the inside of the chicken is already well-cooked too. It will take about 5 – 10 minutes long.
- After you cook the chicken, you can add salt, paprika, pepper, and garlic inside. Once it is perfectly mixed, squeeze the lemon. Don’t put in the lemon slices here. Wait until the chicken is cooked for 10 minutes. Then, put in the lemon slice and wait again for 5 minutes more.
- To make your dish perfect, garnish it with parsley on the top of chicken.