Halibut Recipe – Halibut is one of the most delicious fish kinds in the world. What makes it even more worthy to cook is it’s easy to buy a halibut. You just need to come to the supermarket nearby and buy the fish from a freezer. Then get ready to try a yummy halibut recipe like this!
Grilled Halibut With Spicy Yellow Sauce
This halibut recipe originally comes from Asia, specifically from the South Eastside. So when you go to Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, and Philippine, you’ll find this menu easily everywhere. But for now, let’s try this menu at home and see if you like it!
- 2 halibut fishes
- 1 lemon (big size)
- 1 coconut fruit
- 5 garlic
- 3 red onion
- 7 little chilies
- 4 red chilies
- 1 ginger
- 3 candlenuts
- 1 turmeric
- 100 ml of coconut milk
- 10 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of fish soy sauce (you can use oyster sauce)
- Clean the halibut fishes, including its scales and guts. Afterward, squeeze the lemon and take the juice. Then, add some salt and black pepper on it. If this process is over, but the halibut fishes into the marinate seasoning and leave it for at least 45 minutes.
- While waiting for marinating, you can start to process the seasoning. First of all, you need to moss the garlic, onion, chilies, ginger, candlenuts, and turmeric in a blender. Don’t forget to ensure the seasoning’s already cleaned. As for the ginger and turmeric, it’s better if you peel the skin completely. If otherwise, your seasoning would look dirty.
- Then, start to process the coconut fruit. Prepare for the grater, you can use the manual or the machine one. But I recommend you to use bare hands because the grated coconut would be easier to be squeezed.
- After the grating, add the coconut milk on the previous seasoning. Stir it well or just use the blender to mix the milk with the seasoning. Don’t forget to include the salt, chili powder, garlic powder, and sesame oil as well.
- Now, let’s start grilling! Take out the halibut fishes from its marinade seasoning. Heat the grilling pan and grease the butter on it. Afterward, also grease the halibut fishes with the blended seasoning. The more the fishes are greased, the more delicious they will be.
- Grill the halibut fishes on 180 degrees Celcius. If you don’t use the grilling pan with a temperature setting, just make sure that your pan isn’t lack of fire.
- Flip back the halibut fishes per a few minutes. Don’t forget to grease the other side of the fishes with the seasoning. Grease the seasoning until it runs out and the fishes are cooked.
- After the seasoning looks stick well to the halibut fishes, don’t wait until it’s scorched to turn off the fire. Conversely, turn off the fire right after the seasoning look stuck on the halibuts’ skin. Prepare for a flat plate to serve the grilled halibut.
- Cut some fruits like tomatoes and carrots, then put them on the side of the grilled halibut as a garnish. And now your grilled halibut with spicy yellow sauce is ready to be served.
This halibut recipe is so special that you wouldn’t regret after making it. However, you can use this recipe to process any fish other than halibut also. That’s because most people in South East Asia use this recipe for any kind of fish and meat.
What makes Asian people so fond of this recipe is the taste of the special seasoning. With many materials like that, no wonder the spicy yellow seasoning tastes so good.