Ground Chicken Recipe – Some people want to eat healthy food, but mostly don’t want to take the time to cook fresh food properly by themselves. Heating some frozen meals can be the last choice because it is not only simple but also faster. But, how to make simple frozen food using chicken as well?
If you have food processor or grinder at home, you can try making ground chicken recipe by grinding the chicken first before cooked. Of course, by grinding those chicken meat is not be able to reduce its nutritious or protein. Furthermore, it is lower in calories and fat than other meat resource.
As we know, there are hundred or many ground chicken recipes. One of them is making it as nugget. Why nugget? Because it is very simple to make and the taste is so amazing. You can keep it in freezer for a month. The simplest way to cook chicken nugget is by frying or baking it. Kids love chicken nugget because it is preservative free and full of nutrition, especially homemade chicken nugget.
It means that you can choose the boneless or skinless breast chicken by yourself to know that your family is getting appropriate nutritious, lean protein and clean eating. The Chicken provides B-vitamin and protein (along with amino acids that your body needs) if you cook it with fresh vegetables and a whole grain such as quinoa.
This ground chicken recipe will show you how to make homemade quinoa nugget with vegetables from ground chicken. Both quinoa and vegetables are relatively high in antioxidant. The perfect combination of quinoa, ground chicken and cooked vegetables will make the better taste. Coated with a bit of cheese and Panko breadcrumbs will add the perfect crispy taste.
- ½ small onion, chopped or diced it
- 1 big carrot, diced it
- 1 stalk celery, diced it
- ½ cup or more of uncooked quinoa.
- 250 gram of Ground chicken breast
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated it
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded it
- 1 clove garlic, minced or diced it
- 1 tea spoon of salt
- ¼ tea spoon of pepper
- 1 cup of flour
- 3 eggs, mixed or shaked together
- Panko bread crumbs
- Cooking oil for frying, Olive oil is better.
- Prepare vegetables by rinsing them first and dicing the onion, carrot and celery into very small pieces.
- Heat about two tablespoon of cooking or olive oil in medium heat, stir-frying the diced vegetables until the onion transparent and smell good. Then, set aside and cool it down in room temperature.
- Flush the quinoa well before cooking it based on manual instruction. After that, let it be cooling down.
- Blend the stir-frying vegetable until they become a pasta using food processor or manually.
- In a large bowl, stir the breast ground chicken- cooked quinoa – garlic – vegetables pasta – shredded parmesan – grated mozzarella – salt – black pepper. It will become ground chicken mixture.
- Form nugget by scooping out with tablespoon of the ground chicken mixture. Don’t be too big size, because it will take longer to cook.
- Roll one by one nugget into the flour, then dip in into shaken egg. Make sure that egg mixture cover the whole nugget surface.
- Roll or layer all sides of nugget with Panko bread crumbs and then put aside in baking sheet. Ensure the Panko bread crumbs sticky remarkably well. If you want them extra crispy, spray those Panko bread crumbs on the top of every nugget.
- Spread cooking/ olive oil in baking sheet or heavy bottomed pan and cook every nugget for about 3-4 minutes in each side.
- Let the nugget be cooling down and set aside. You can also serve quinoa chicken nugget with favorite dipping sauces.
- There are some information to make ground chicken recipe. You should use white or dark (or a mix of both) chicken meat as ground chicken. Don’t forget to include the chicken skin as you wish. Furthermore, boneless chicken cuts and breast part are the best part to be made as ground chicken. If you desire to look for a bit more flavor, add some boneless or skinless chicken thighs. How to make ground chicken is not really hard. By cutting it into approximately 1 inch (2,5 cm) cubes and grinding through grinding machine (food grinder). To make more easy to grind, choose frozen meat or partially frozen. In food grinder, pulse the chicken meat until minced by using sharp blades that goes into the bottom.
- For more information, the fat in ground chicken is lower than in ground meat. In other words, ground chicken is healthier than ground beef in the amount of fat or cholesterol. So that, it is better to know safety tips about cooking ground chicken if you do not want to get sick afterwards. So, it is better to stir mixture thoroughly while cooking to avoid the clumps. Thus, you can add your own taste by giving some ingredients in your recipe such as tomato sauce. Meanwhile, dark chicken meat contains more fat than white meat. Moreover, if you decide to keep ground chicken to freezer, it will still taste good until a month.