Egg Recipe – Korea has so many simple yet special recipes to try every day, and one of those is Gyeran Mari. Still not familiar with the name? Yeah, Gyeran Mari is just an egg dish, but what makes it special are the materials and instructions to make it. Want to know this egg recipe and try it at home? You can try this recipe from us.
Gyeran Mari is different from omurice, another egg recipe from Japan. While omurice is the combination of eggs and rice, Gyeran Mari uses vegetables as second materials otherwise. It makes Gyeran Mari is healthier for people because there are various vegetables on it. For more detailed ingredients and instructions, just read this recipe below.
- 4 eggs (if the eggs are small you can use five)
- 1 scallion
- ½ carrot
- ½ red paprika
- ½ green paprika
- 1 tomato
- 1 broccoli
- 1 ounce of mushrooms
- 1 ounce of cabbage
- vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon of chicken stock
- tomato sauce (optional)
- First, clean all the materials you’re going to use to make Gyeran Mari. Next, chop all the materials, such as scallion, carrot, red paprika, green paprika, tomato, and broccoli into pieces. Don’t forget to also slice the mushroom and cabbage. You’re free to choose the size of vegetables on your egg recipe. However, remember that a big size could ruin your egg shape later.
- Then, mix all the vegetables into one. However, don’t mix it on the eggs already. Now just crack and beat the eggs you want to use on your Gyeran Mari. Beat them until they’re mixed completely. Don’t let any whites appear among the yolks on your eggs. Beat them until you can’t see the whites on the eggs.
- Prepare for the frying pan, and grease the butter on it. Don’t forget to use only a flat pan, and always clean the pan first before using it to cook. As a substitute of the butter, you can use the vegetable oil otherwise. Heat the pan until it has at least 120 degrees Celsius.
- Then, prepare for the eggs and vegetables and put them right beside you. After the pan reaches its ideal heat, pour the eggs completely into the pan. Keep the egg mixture with a thin shape; don’t too much pour the mixture into the pan.
- After the egg mixture on that pan is cooked, add the chopped vegetables. This is what you need to remember: don’t put the vegetables thoroughly on the egg surface. Just put it like a line on the center of your egg.
- Flip and roll the egg carefully so you won’t have a nightmare to tear it. After you’ve rolled to the center of the egg, add the remaining beaten eggs to another side. Roll the egg until you reach the softer side of this Gyeran Mari.
- After you roll the egg completely, wait for a minute until you can take Gyeran Mari out from the pan. Then, put this Korean special egg recipe on a flat plate, and cut it with the desired size. Finally, you can eat Gyeran Mari with Korean or tomato sauce.
Gyeran Mari is one of the best breakfast Korean people love to eat. Besides its simplicity, Gyeran Mari usually has a compact shape that eases people to eat it. Moreover, Gyeran Mari can be made with any vegetables you can have at home. So when you run out of materials to be cooked, you can just take the eggs and anything at your refrigerator, then cook them right away.
If you want to eat Gyeran Mari, it’s recommended if you use Korean sauce or at least tomato/chili sauce. The taste of this food is indeed good without the sauce. Nevertheless, if you want to get more experience, you can choose any sauce you like and soak down your Gyeran Mari before eat it.