Making food for diabetic people is tough. It is tricky because you need to pay attention to their blood sugar level. Any kind of food they take, it should keep the blood sugar level controlled. In contrast, their body needs various food which can boost energy, prevent heart disease, and many more. But don’t be worry, this diabetic recipe hopefully could ease your mind in figuring out what is the best food to serve for them.
One of the important things for diabetic people is avoiding high-carbs. Because food that contains high-carbs is believed can bother blood sugar level. However, it is still needed to recharge energy. So, chicken is the best option regarding its high-protein and low-fat. But it is also affected by how you process the chicken. You put in fried chicken in the diabetic recipe. That is why we share you a chicken noodle soup here, without any frying process.
This diabetic recipe is suitable for busy people. The food can be served for breakfast or dinner. Once there is still remaining soup, you can reheat it for one minute in the oven. However, the quicker it is spent, the better for you. Because we don’t recommend you to reheat food for times. Besides you will lose the taste, the vitamins and minerals are not good anymore. Sometimes it turns to bad things for your body. So, make the portion with a proper estimation.
- 2 pounds of boneless and skinless chicken breasts (it is about 3 pieces)
- 4 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of avocado oil (or you use as your preference)
- 1 onion medium size, chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- Minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper
- 5 medium size of carrots, peeled and cut into lengthwise (1/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons of low-sodium soy sauce
- 6 ounces of egg noodles (version whole grain wide)
- Set your pan to the saute setting. Once it is hot, pour the pan with avocado oil.
- Add the onion, salt, celery, and pepper. Cook for up to 5 minutes or until the vegetables soften.
- Add the garlic with carrots, stir them so they are well-mixed.
- Add the chicken inside followed by water, chicken broth, and soy sauce. It is better to use a lid so that the pan is closed and do the process until it gets perfect in high heat.
- When the chicken gets softened, adjust the heat. Then, remove the lid and cook for a couple minutes more. When you are in this step, you can add the soy sauce.
- Remove the chicken and set aside. But don’t remove the mixture, let them until it gets boiled. When the water is boiling, put in the noodles.
- While you are waiting until the noodle is ready, get your fork now. Shred the chicken and place them into a bowl. After the mixture and noodle are ready to serve, pour the chicken with it.
- If you want tastier, you can season with pepper.
- Making this diabetic recipe can work using a slow cooker too.
- This food can be prepared one night before. You can make the vegetable mixture with the shredded chicken first, then refrigerate it. Don’t cook the noodle too. Once you are reheating it and the soup is boiling, that is the time you put in the noodle inside.
- The recipe can be customized with vegetables. If you think a noodle is in high-carbs, just add more vegetables inside. It is a very good idea, then you will have a vegetable chicken soup as your meal.
- Avocado oil plays a role as monosaturated fat. You can change it with olive oil, extra virgin oil, and many more. Adding good fat can replace your carbs needs. It is a good substitution for diabetic people.