Find more inspirations for your side dish here! This cucumber recipe in Asian salad gives you a crunchy and refreshing taste. For those who are in a diet, this food can be served as lunch or dinner. It is good having salad in your mealtime.
Your stomach will feel full for a long time and erase your non-sense craving. Cucumber contains low-carb, but a high amount of water. So, besides your stomach is full longer, your body is also kept hydrated.
This Asian salad cucumber recipe is suitable for diabetic people too. They must keep their blood sugar level in any situation. Thus, preparing food for them sometimes feels hard. Don’t be worry, just follow this recipe and save your time.
Cucumber had proven to reduce and control blood sugar very effective. More than that, cucumber can reduce stress and diabetic complication.
One of the fun facts you need to know that cucumber is a fruit. Many people think that cucumber is vegetable. That is absolutely wrong because cucumber is part of the plant which develops become flower. Then, there is a section that contains the seeds. Therefore, a cucumber grouped as a fruit. However, whatever you think about the cucumber, since you want to make a salad, you must prepare many vegetables here. But don’t be worry, making this cucumber recipe only takes you 10 – 15 minutes in preparation until serving.
- 2 medium size of cucumbers, slice into coin size or thinly lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- ½ cup of soy sauce
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 ½ tablespoon of mirin
- ¼ tablespoon of red pepper flakes, crushed (or depends on your taste)
- Make sure that you slice the cucumbers very thin and place them all into the bowl. Season with salt based on your preference and stir to combine. After that, put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or overnight. Your aim here is to drain the cucumber from its excess moisture.
- While you are waiting for the cucumber, you can make the sauce. Take a small bowl and pour in the soy sauce with sugar. Whisk them well and then set aside.
- Once the cucumbers have been drained, transfer to a kitchen towel. Pat dry and move to another bowl. Add the red onion, garlic, mirin, red pepper flakes, and the sauce mixture. Toss to coat.
- If you want a perfect taste, it is better to refrigerate before serving. This process will make the flavors developed. Let them in for 30 minutes until 1 hour.
- Take your salad out and stir to get it combined. Garnish with the sesame seeds, avocado, or anything you want. Taste before it is served. Once you get the desired taste, let’s enjoy it!
- There are many kinds of cucumber, those are standard cucumbers, wrapped English cucumbers, and little Persian cucumbers. You can use any kind of them, but usually, people choose the standard one.
- Be aware when you buy a cucumber and keep them in the refrigerator. This fruit will release liquid soon, so check its condition when you make the sauce. It will affect to your sauce consistency.
- This cucumber recipe is very adjustable. You can change the cucumber with carrot, snap peas, or other veggies.
- You can enrich this cucumber recipe by adding noodles in your plate. If you want to make this one, you can boil the noodle with heatproof water. It takes about 5 minutes or until all cucumbers get softened. Drain and refresh with cold water or let it rest before mixing with the salad.
- Soy sauce could be replaced with rice vinegar or you can use them both.
- Additional ingredients you might put in are cilantro, sesame seeds, avocado, and scallions.