Crockpot Chicken Recipe – Crockpot is the ultimate bestfriend every kitchen lover should have. This is that the kitchen appliance offers you to cook while multitasking. Thus, you don’t have to be afraid in burning your cooking because you leave the kitchen to do the laundry. Compared to the other main ingredients, Crockpot chicken recipe become popular among the Crockpot lovers. The reason is that, chicken dish will turn tender when you cook under for a long while, just how the Crockpot works.
For this Crockpot recipe, we are going to adopt the Hawaiian chicken recipe and cook with the Crockpot cooking style. By using pineapple and honey, we are going to recreate the sweet and sour taste from the natural ingredients. Also, even though the recipe seems complicated, it actually quite simple compared when you do it.
Thus, this Crockpot chicken recipe is perfect for you with busy schedule. Either you are planning to serve dinner or a weekend luncheon you can prepare it since the morning. Then, once the first timer set off, you only need to wait for additional 30 minutes before serving. Within the cooking process, you can finish house chores or even went to work and back to 80% dinner dish.
- 4 whole chicken thighs (with bone and skin)
- 400 gram pineapple
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 100 gram brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Sesame seeds
- Prepare the ingredients. Firstly, cut pineapple, yellow onion, and red bell pepper into 1 inch chunks. Then, grate ginger until you get 1 tbsp worth and mince the garlic.
- Set the Crockpot in high heat to brown the chicken thighs right on the cooker pan. Only brown two sides of the thighs for 3 to 5 minutes each. Then, remove them from the pot.
- After that, place pineapple and onion cuts at the bottom of the pot.
- Mix honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger in a small bowl until they well mixed together. Then, pour the liquid mixture in before placing the chicken back into the pot.
- Then, set the time for 5 hours in low heat mode or 3 hours for high heat mode.
- Once your designated timer off, prepare for the cornstarch mixture. To do that, in a small bowl mix cornstarch and 1 tbsp of water until diluted. After that, add the mixture into the cooker.
- Set back the cooker for additional 30 minutes cooking time.
- If you don’t have rice at the moment, you can use this time to cook rice to serve with the meal.
- Serve the Hawaiian Crockpot chicken recipe with rice and garnish with parsley and sesame seeds. Enjoy while the meal is warm.
- If you are afraid the thigh browning process will add burn taste to the chicken, you can use skillet instead of the Crockpot pan. Also, you can pour on 1 tbsp vegetable oil to avoid the chicken skin stick onto the skillet.
- Although this recipe is for Crockpot chicken recipe, you can switch to any other slow cooker you have at home. Or you can even cook the recipe on your daily pan over the stove. The purpose of using the Crockpot is for you who can’t sit still while waiting for your dish to cook.
- You can save the leftover the Hawaiian chicken thighs in the Crockpot in warmer mood. This process will make the thighs become more-tender than before. Another option, you can also put the thighs in the container and save it in the refrigerator, then re-warm them when you are going to serve them.
- Aside from thighs part, you can also use any other part of the chicken, or even the whole chicken (except innards).