Cookie Recipe – Not only for children, but adults also still enjoy cookies in many occasions. Mostly, cookies served as snack in between meal times. Back in the old society of England, the cookies served as munch to accompany the higher ups enjoy their tea time. With the long history, there’s always a discovery in a new cookie recipe in every years.
Although there are many cookie recipes you could try, but the traditional ones always have a special place in our heart. Just like the brownie cookie recipe that well kept in its original form. Even with the new innovation and have many variations by adding the ingredients, but the original one is still alive. Not to mention, the fans of the brownie cookies are dutifully keep faithful and wouldn’t stray from the original recipe.
- 1 pound chocolate (semisweet)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup all purpose flour (sieved)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 bag chocolate chips (semisweet, approx. 12 gram)
- First thing first, you have to make sure to set all the ingredients in room temperature. If there’s any chilled ingredient, the wait for 3 to 5 hours to make it naturally switch to room temperature.
- Chop the chocolate to beats, so it could easy to melt.
- Boil water in saucepan and when it shimmering, put on a large bowl above it. Then put the chocolate you chopped into the bowl and melt it. This process would take more or less 7 minutes until all the chocolate melt. Don’t forget to stir it several times to make sure there’s no big chunk chopped chocolate. Then, set the chocolate aside.
- Take out another large bowl beat sugar and eggs by using electric mixer in medium speed. Keep mixing for at least 5 minutes until the mixture turned thick and pale.
- Once the mixture turned, add vanilla and salt and mix.
- Afterwards, gradually pour the melted chocolate, flour, and baking powder. Mix together evenly until the color turned a whole brown. When doing this process, it’s better to switch the handled mixer to rubber spatula.
- When all of ingredient mixed together, add in the chocolate chip and stir.
- Shift the mixture into a low-sided baking dish and then cover with plastic wrap. Save the batter in the freezer for 1 hour until it chilled and turned firm.
- Once the 1 hour time over, switch on the oven and set the temperature for 350F to preheat. Then, prepare baking tray and cover it with parchment sheet to avoid the cookies to stick. For this recipe, you need 2 baking trays.
- Put in 2 tbsp mounds of the dough onto the covered baking tray. Make sure you give 2 inches space in between each cookie to make room when it enlarged.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes until the edges are dry and the tops cracked.
- When the 10 minutes is over, take out the tray from the oven and let the cookies cool for 10 minutes before remove it from the parchment paper.
- After 10 minutes, transfer the cookies to the rack to let it cool completely.
- You can serve the cookies right away or store it in a container.
- Some people may have weak wrist and couldn’t handle to hold mixer for more than a spell. So, it’s okay to use the standing mixer set for you not to hold it manually.
- For more convenient process, you could use the ice cream scoop to scoop the dough. 1 scoop size per cookie and put 2 inches space apart in between.
- You can store this cookie recipe for 4 days in an airtight container in the room temperature.
- Some people enjoy chilled cookie, so it’s okay for you to do so.
- If you wish for more texture, you can add chopped almond or cashew nut with the chocolate chips.