Chicken Breast Recipe – The breast is one the chicken part that people often use to cook for many dishes, especially when wanting for the boneless chicken part. Not to mention, chicken breast recipe mostly is easy to make and don’t need forever to cook. That way, this recipe is going to use the chicken breast as the main ingredient.
Slouvaki is a Greek cuisine that worldly known for its easiness to make with a guarantee for a delicious taste. For this chicken breast recipe, the slouvaki is not for a meal, but as a snack. At a glance, this recipe serving inspired by Turkish’s kebab, and not like the traditional slouvaki. But even though it has difference appearance, it’s still slouvaki through and through.
- 500 gram boneless chicken breast (approx 2 chicken breasts)
- 1 Lemon (only need the juice)
- Black Pepper
- Dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 250 gram plain yogurt
- 1 small sized cucumber
- 2 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 4 Pita bread
- 1 tomato
- 1 red onion
- 6 tablespoon of olive oil
- Cut chicken breast to small dices (around 2 cm).
- Put the chicken cuts in a bowl to marinate with lemon juice, the rest of the minced garlic, 1 tablespoon of dried oregano, ½ tablespoon salt, and a pinch of black paper (preferred for freshly grounded pepper). Use your hand for better mix. Close the bowl by plastic wrap or table cloth, then refrigerate for 30 minutes until one hour.
- While waiting for the chicken to marinate, prepare for the sauce. This slouvaki is a Greek recipe and the sauce called tzatziki sauce.
- Blend the virgin olive oil with the rest of the garlic, for better result you can use a blender.
- Grate the cucumber after you remove the skin and the seeds in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper. After 10 minutes, put the cucumber in the dish towel to remove the excess water.
- Put the waterless cucumber in a bowl. Add the blended oil and garlic, the plain yogurt, and a pinch of salt for flavor. Then mix them together until every ingredient combined. Set aside for serving later.
- Cut the tomato, lettuce, and onion in small bites size. Set aside.
- After you think the chicken well marinated, preheat a skillet or cast iron grill.
- Pour 3 tablespoon of olive oil and wait for around 2 minutes before start grilling the chicken. The original slouvaki recipe is serving in the skewers, but we don’t use skewer here.
- While waiting for the chicken to cook, prepare for the pita bread. Mix the rest of olive oil with salt and oregano to season the pita bread, then basting two sides of the bread with the mixture. Put aside for 10 minutes.
- Take a look on the chicken and make sure to stir it before there’s any piece that burns.
- At the same time, preheat another skillet or grill pan at the other side of the stove for the pita bride. Another option, you can also bake the pita bread for 2 minutes in 250C heat.
- Finish for all the chicken breast.
- Cut the pita bread in two. This way you would get to use the bread as a pouch.
- To serve the slouvaki, alternately put the chicken piece, tomato, lettuce, onion, and tzatziki sauce in the pita ‘pouch’ bread. Keep stuffing the bread until it full.
- Serve the slouvaki-stuffed pita ‘pouch’ bread with a bowl of tzatziki sauce.
- After preparing the tzatziki sauce, it’s better to put it in the refrigerator. The reason is that it’s better to serve it cold.
- For making the bigger portion of this chicken breast recipe, you only need to add the portion of each ingredient.
- If you wish to get some spicy flavor, you can add paprika for the vegetable cuts.
- It’s best to use organic chicken breast for health reason.
- You also can switch the chicken breast with the other meat such as lamb.