Breakfast Recipe – Many of your grows to eat French toast all the time for breakfast. It must be boring for you, but after you know this breakfast recipe, you will see another level of French toast. You can make a French toast casserole to be your new favorite breakfast menu. This dish is suitable for those of you who want to enjoy breakfast together with friends or family.
This Foster toast casserole will be combined with bananas and brown sugar. Sounds really yummy, does not it? You will taste this dish so favorable because the rich from the custard, the unique scent and delish taste from banana, and the sweetness from brown sugar. The great texture is also in this dish; you will taste the heaviness in the middle and the crunchiness on top.
The Keys to Make a Perfect Bananas Foster French Toast Casserole
There are several keys to making this breakfast recipe very delicious. First, it is better for you to choose dry bread. It makes the custard absorb well and it makes French toast taste yummier. If you do not have one, you can toast it in advance to get the same result.
Second, it is better for you to get a large banana, so it will fill the casserole perfectly. If you cannot find one, you can use a lot of small bananas. Third, when you want to make the custard before you want to pour milk and eggs, mix the cinnamon with the vanilla and brown sugar in advance. It will prevent clumps when you add liquid.
Lastly, you have to use pure maple syrup in order to make the caramelized banana well. Those are the keys on how to make breakfast recipe mode delicious. You can try it at home for your breakfast menu.
For The Caramelized Bananas
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large bananas, peeled and sliced
For The Custard
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half-and-half or half cream
- 15 ounces French bread, cut into cubes
For The Crumb Topping
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup flour
To Make Caramelized Bananas
- Heat a medium skillet to over medium heat, melt the butter and stir until it coated the skillet evenly. Add the ingredients for the caramelized bananas, such as pure maple syrup, salt, and brown sugar, and mix them until bubbling. Make sure the mixture is smooth before you remove it from the heat.
- After the mixture is smooth, remove it from the heat and add the bananas. Pour the mixture into the bananas to coat them with caramel.
Steps To Make Casserole
- Whisk cinnamon, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl and make sure they are all mixed until smooth. Pour eggs, milk, and half-and-half, and whisk to break up the eggs and blend together with the other ingredients.
- To prevent the mixture from sticking to the baking pan, you have to grease it. Choose a rectangle baking pan, approximately 3×9 inches. Place half of the French bread cubes to the baking pan and add caramelized bananas until evenly distributed in all parts. For finishing, add the remaining French bread cubes on caramelized bananas.
- Pour custard mixture evenly on the bread cubes and press it until the bread cubes absorb all the custard mixture.
- Afterward, spread the remaining caramelized bananas evenly.
- If you want to eat this dish for tomorrow breakfast, cover the pan with plastic wrap and put in in the fridge and sit it overnight. You can eat it for breakfast this morning by sitting it for 2 hours long.
To Make Topping
- Make the crumb topping in advance you baking and combine melted butter, salt, brown sugar, and cinnamon until smooth.
- Add flour and mix it with your spatula or spoon.
- When you are done, you can sit it in the refrigerator until you want to bake the casserole.
- Make sure all the custard mixture has been absorbed perfectly before you bake it, and preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove casserole and crumb mixture from the refrigerator and add the remaining crumb mixture and spread it evenly on top of the casserole. Repeat this step for the rest of the mixture.
- Bake uncovered casserole for 40 to 50 minutes until the consistency you like.
- When it is done, you can serve it with additional toppings, such as syrup or whipped cream.
- You can bake the casserole longer to make a French toast crispier.
- This breakfast recipe needs 35 minutes for preparation time and 50 minutes for cooking time.