Baked Chicken Recipe – All chicken recipes are good, but there are not many recipes that are easy to make. Different from other recipes, Italian baked chicken recipe is super-easy to make, very tasty, and healthy. You will love this juicy boneless skinless chicken breast recipe. This recipe is so special because you will taste the chicken with spice mixture, garlic, olive oil, and add topping with fresh basil and parsley on it.
In this Italian bakes chicken recipe, you will be using boneless skinless chicken breasts. It makes this dish high in protein and very good for a dieter’s. But, to cook boneless skinless chicken breasts well, there is a trick so it will not plain and dry.
The Keys to Perfectly Baked Chicken Breast
To reach a juicer and tastier chicken, you better pounding the chicken into flat pieces. By pounding, the chicken breast will cook faster and evenly. Chicken breast always looks plain and boring so you have to mix it with the right seasoning and coat it evenly with the mixture. In this Italian baked chicken recipe, you will use a simple Italian mixture, such as oregano, thyme, paprika, and garlic.
Do not bake your chicken breast too long, so you have to pay attention to it in detail and use a thermometer to measure the temperature inside the chicken breast. Let your beautiful chicken breast rest a bit before being served and sliced. It will make the juice in the chicken breast evenly distributed.
The keys described above will make you know how to bake the best chicken breast. It is time you cook this Italian baked chicken recipe and serve it for your lovely family and friend!
- 2lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 teaspoons virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon
- 1 medium red onion
- 5 to 6 Campari tomatoes
- Handful chopped fresh parsley
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Prepare the ingredients such as minced the garlic cloves and juiced ½ lemon. Slice red onion into half and thin then slice the Campari tomatoes into half. In the end, chop fresh parsley for garnishing this dish.
- When you prepare the ingredients, preheat oven to 425 °F.
- Place the chicken breast to a zip-top plastic bag and remove the air before closing it. Pound the chicken breast by using a meat mallet until flattened. The remaining chicken pieces, you have to repeat this step so that your chicken breast will tender quickly and taste delicious.
- In a large bowl, place the chicken breast you have flattened and seasoning it with salt and pepper. Add spices, garlic, extra virgin oil, and lemon juice to coat the chicken breast evenly.
- Prepare a large baking dishpan and oil it evenly. Before you put in the seasoned chicken, place the sliced onion on the bottom. Next, add the tomatoes on the seasoned chicken.
- Afterward, cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 10 minutes. Uncover and baking all over again for 8-10 minutes. Pay attention for it, do not let your dish too long to bake, use a digital cooking thermometer to make it easier for you. If the temperature is 165°F, so your dish is perfectly baked.
- Remove from the heat and let it rest for 5-10 minutes long. Uncover the aluminum foil and garnish with chopped fresh parsley and basil leaves.
- Do not skip the third step because by pounding, your chicken breast will be juicy, tender, cook more quickly, and taste better.
- Let your baked chicken breast rest a little bit so that the juice is evenly distributed.
- This Italian baked chicken recipe has 290kkal, total fat 11.5g, total carbohydrate 11g, and protein 35.9g.
- This Italian baked chicken recipe does not need so many ingredients and easy to make, so it is suitable for weeknight meals.