Avocado Recipe – Many people consume avocados just for salads complement, become bread stuffing, or make it into guacamole. Whereas, avocados can be cooked in many ways as long as you cook it the right way. If the method is wrong, it will cause a bitter taste. However, in this avocado recipe, you will taste delicious and healthy avocado dishes without tasting bitter.
If you add avocado into food, it will give a creamy or buttery texture. It has a lot of “good” fat and calories so you can feel full and healthy when eating this. Avocados also contain high nutrition and have good taste. Because of it, many dishes use avocados as the ingredients.
The Secret to Make a Perfect Avocado Pesto Stuffed Shells
Have you ever thought that avocados can be stuffed in pasta shells? You will process the avocado into guacamole, which will be stuffed inside the pasta shells. The stuffed pasta shells will make your day more exciting. Moreover, the pasta shells content avocado pesto and shredded cheese.
Avocado gives this dish a soft texture. Therefore, avocados are suitable as a base to make it creamier. Usually, traditional pesto uses basil, but in this avocado recipe, you will use cilantro because basil has a strong taste that will cover up the avocado taste.
For finishing, you can add olive oil for flavor enhancers and pistachio for a nutty flavor. The combination of guacamole and Italian pesto will make this dish so great. Those are the secrets of making this avocado recipe very appetizing. You can introduce this unique yet yummy combination with your family and friend.
For The Avocado Pesto:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 cup packed cilantro
- ¾ cup pistachios
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
For The Stuffed Shells:
- 6 ounces jumbo shells pasta
- 1 ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- ½ cup mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Prepare the ingredients first, such as shelled the pistachios and mince the clove of garlic.
- Place the water into a large pot, add salt to make salted water, and cook it until boils. Meanwhile, you can prepare the oven and preheat it to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the pasta shells immediately after the water is boiling and wait until they are tender or al dente. Usually, this step takes 6-9 minutes long. When it is done, drain the pasta shells and set aside.
- In this step, you will make the avocado pesto. First thing first, place the avocados, cilantro, pistachios, lime juice, olive oil, and garlic in a food processor. Add the seasonings, like salt and red pepper. Mix them together until well combined and has a smooth texture. If it is still rough, you can add a little amount of water gradually so that the mixture is not too runny.
- Next, it is time to make the ricotta filling by mixing the ricotta, Parmesan cheese, and salt in a bowl.
- Open the pasta shells widely to put the filling inside it. Prepare one spoonful of avocado pesto for filling one pasta shell. Brush water over the pasta shells so that the edges of the pasta shells do not dry out. Do this step for each paste shells.
- Bake the pasta shells for 15 to 20 minutes and when it is done, sprinkle the Parmesan and mozzarella over the top of the pasta shells. Baked it back for another 2 minutes long to make the cheese melt perfectly melt.
- It is better for you to serve it while it is warm.
- This avocado recipe is the main course.
- It will take 15 minutes for preparing, 30 minutes for cooking, so the total time is 45 minutes long.
- This recipe is for 8 servings.
- It contains 409g calories, 26g carbohydrates, 17g protein, 27g fat, 38mg cholesterol, and 303mg calcium.